- Three years minimum clinical experience in Acute Care setting, after
completion of a recognized Medical training program is required.
- One year practical experience in Advanced Cardiac Life Support is required.
- One year experience in diagnosing and treating a broad range of medical
conditions is required, including experience performing minor surgery such as
suturing, removal of benign skin lesions, removal of foreign objects, removal of
ingrown toenails, and identification of and immobilizing of simple fractures.
- Intermediate to Advanced verbal and written level of English is required.
- Medical Degree from a recognized College or University is required.
- Active, current medical license in good standing in Country or State/Province
of origin is required.
- Completion of a recognized Medical specialty training program is required, in
at least one of the following: Emergency Medicine, General Practice, Internal
Medicine, Cardiology, or General Surgery.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support and Adult
Trauma Life Support certifications that are valid for the entire length of the
contract on board the ship. It is the responsibility of the Doctor to ensure that
these credentials are valid for the entire time he or she will be working on
board the ship.